- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup sultanas
- Rind of 3 oranges, grated
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 125g low fat ricotta
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
Approx 50-60 min. Serves 8 people
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray a loaf tin with vegetable oil. Combine flour, sugar and sultanas in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix rind of 2 oranges, 2/3 cup orange juice, eggs, milk and margarine.
- Mix the contents of the two bowls together, stir and spoon into tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked and golden.
- Take loaf out of oven and turn onto wire cooling rack.
- Beat ricotta with rind of one orange and 2 teaspoons of orange juice until smooth.
- When cool, spread the loaf with ricotta topping. Store in refrigerator.
Experiment with different fruits such as apricots rather than sultanas for a different flavour.
Family Eating Tip
Offer 5-6 structured meals and snacks each day. Avoid grazing.