- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
- 500 gram frozen peas
- 3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 250 gram lean ham (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and peas and cook for a further 3–4 minutes.
- Add stock and 3 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Blend well using a stick blender.
- Return soup to low heat. Add ham and stir until warmed through. Ladle soup into bowls, swirl with sour cream and serve.
Recipe republished with permission from Nutrition Australia ACT Inc.