- 12 rice paper rounds
- BBQ chicken, shredded
- ¼ Chinese or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce, to taste
Approx 20-30 min. Serves 4
- Combine chicken, cabbage, carrot, coriander, mint, lemon/lime juice and fish sauce in a bowl.
- Place 1 round rice paper in a medium bowl of lukewarm water for 5 seconds, or until just soft. Place on a clean tea towel or paper towel.
- Arrange 1-2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture along the centre of the rice paper. Fold ends in and roll up firmly to enclose filling.
- Repeat with remaining rice paper. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
- Try using different combinations of vegetables e.g. capsicum, Lebanese cucumber, onion, avocado, snow peas.
- Replace chicken with pre-prepared tofu strips for a vegetarian alternative.
Family Eating Tip
Try new foods with your child and talk to them about the taste, texture, smell and look.