- 6 small mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup baked beans
- 12 leaves English spinach or rocket, washed and chopped
- 8 slices wholegrain or wholemeal bread
- Canola or olive oil spray
Approx 8-10 min. Serves 4
- In a small bowl combine mushrooms, baked beans and spinach.
- Lightly spray sandwich maker with oil. Place two slices of bread on the base of the sandwich maker then divide half the filling over the two slices. Top with two slices of bread and toast until heated through and golden brown.
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining two sandwiches.
Replace the spinach and mushrooms with other vegetables e.g. Chinese cabbage, chopped capsicum.
Family Eating Tip
Try not to short order cook. If your child refuses dinner, just remove it quietly and with no fuss.