- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 sachets Mexican seasoning
- Low fat sour cream or thick Greek yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Approx 25-30 min. Serves 4
- Cook rice according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Place kidney beans, tomatoes and seasoning in a pan and cook on medium heat until heated through.
- Serve with rice and low fat sour cream or Greek yoghurt.
- Add 400g of beef mince to make chilli con carne.
- Serve with potato instead of rice.
Family Eating Tip
Remember, your child’s appetite will vary from meal to meal and day to day. Encourage your child to listen to their body and eat according to their appetite.