- 4 cups uncooked pasta (e.g. penne, spaghetti, spiral, linguine)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup low fat cheese, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas or beans
- 1 x 425g tin chunky style tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 x 375ml can low fat evaporated milk
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
Approx 20-30 min. Serves 4
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet and set aside.
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl mix pasta, onion, ¼ cup cheese, peas, tuna, evaporated milk, mushrooms and corn.
- Place pasta mixture into a large baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
1. Try adding extra vegetables such as capsicum, carrot or zucchini.
2. For variety replace tuna with tinned salmon.
Family Eating Tip
Try to create a safe and happy mealtime. Talk to your children about what they did during the day rather than focusing on how much or whether they’re eating.