- 12 chat (small) potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 cos lettuce, shredded
- 2 spring onions, cut crossways
- 1 punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 10-15 kalamata olives
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x 425g chunky style tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pepper, to taste
Approx 20-25 min. Serves 4
- Cook potatoes in the microwave until just tender. Drain, then cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs. When cooked, peel and quarter.
- Microwave green beans for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, beans, eggs, spring onions, tomatoes, olives, parsley and tuna.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard together. Pour over salad ingredients and toss gently. Season and serve.
To boil eggs
- Place 4 eggs in pot with 1 litre of cold water.
- Place lid on pot and put on high heat until boiling.
- Remove lid, turn down heat and continue to cook for 4 minutes (for soft egg yolk).
- Serve hot, or cool eggs by running under cold water.
Family Eating Tip
Keep offering a range of foods from the five food groups and eventually your child will learn to enjoy a variety of foods.