Changes to our health can often lead to changes in the things that matter most to us. It is normal to be concerned about the changes that follow illness or injury. How you manage will depend on many things.
Talking about your experiences may help you adjust to your current situation. Our Rehabilitation, Aged, & Community Care Counsellor is available to provide you and your family with support throughout your rehabilitation process.
The Counsellor can help you:
- understand the changes that follow your illness or injury
- understand how you respond to and manage these changes
- work through any grief and loss that you may experience because of these changes
- make decisions following these changes
- increase self-esteem and confidence
- enhance personal relationships
- return home and adjust to life after hospital
- reach your rehabilitation goals
This is a free service provided through Rehabilitation, Aged & Community Care. The length and number of sessions will depend on your situation, however sessions are usually 50-60 minutes long and people typically use up to 6 sessions.
The service is available to adults who live in the ACT and is free for Medicare or Asylum Seeker cardholders.
To access this service you need a referral from another care provider in the Rehabilitation, Aged & Community Care service. You must also meet eligibility criteria.