The Community Paediatric and Child Health Service (CP & CHS) supports children and young people under the age of 16 with:
- suspected or established developmental delay or disability
- suspected biological, medical and developmental causes of behavioural or emotional disturbances
- intellectual or physical disability or chronic medical conditions that interfere with development or education
- a risk of developmental problems from prematurity, neonatal complications or complex problems that require management plan
You can’t use this service if your child:
- is currently seeing another paediatrician
- has issues that result from trauma
- has an acute medical problem that is not related to development or behaviour
You need a referral from your GP, medical specialist or Child Medical Health Officer (CMHO) to use this service. The referral and any additional supporting information can be faxed to the Community Health Intake on 02 6205 2611.
Referrals are considered at weekly intake meetings. We give priority to younger children and children with complex developmental needs.
Our service is available at 2 locations:
- Gungahlin Child and Family Centre – 52 Ernest Cavanaugh Street, Gungahlin
- Child Development Service – Cnr Weingarth Street and Blackwood Terrace, Holder
For more information, please contact the Community Health Intake line on 02 6207 9977. Our CP & CHS team are also available to discuss your child’s eligibility on 02 6205 1464.