The Early Parenting Counselling services provides support and advice to help you better manage and overcome challenges that you may face in the early stages of family life.
This service is available to ACT parents and caregivers of children aged 0 to 5 years, as well as pregnant women and their partners.
Our counsellors are available to help with:
- Adjusting to being a parent
- Dealing with stress that can make parenting more difficult
- Connecting with your baby and toddler
- Bonding, attachment and positive parenting practices
- Emotional wellbeing for expectant mothers and fathers
- Managing antenatal and postnatal anxiety, distress and depression
- Experiences of grief and loss
- Coping with a difficult or traumatic birth experience
- The impact of past experiences, childhood trauma, or family violence on well-being or parenting confidence
- Family or relationship challenges in the early parenting years
- Feeling isolated from family, friends or the community
- Coping with having a baby with developmental delays, disabilities, or additional needs
- Connecting with other support services
Who can use this service?
All parents and caregivers in the ACT with children (0-5years of age), and
All pregnant women and their partners in the ACT
This service is free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker card holders
Make an appointment
Call Central Health Intake (CHI) on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
Appointments are available at Tuggeranong, Belconnen or Gungahlin Community Health Centres, or home visit under exceptional circumstances